The San Antonio River meanders past four Spanish missions built in the founding years of our city over three centuries ago. Today, that eight-mile section of the river, which extends south of downtown from Lone Star Boulevard to Mission Espada, is called the Mission Reach.
The San Antonio River Foundation’s goal is to transform the Mission Reach by adding educational and recreational opportunities and artistic strokes to the environmental restoration partnership between the San Antonio River Authority, Bexar County, the City of San Antonio, and the Foundation. Beautiful and inspiring public art, pedestrian bridges, and art benches to add attractive appeal to the area.
• 10 art, amenity, park & infrastructure projects
• $11 Million invested in Confliuence Park
• $4 Million invested in other projects
• 8 Miles from Blue Star to Mission Espada
• Ecological Restoration Zone project
• Grand Opening Mission Reach Phase 1 – 2011
Visit our full calendar.