Saturday, Nov 11th, 2017
9AM - 1PM (registration at 8AM)
Mission County Park 2- 7675 Padre Circle (adjacent to Padre Park)
Discover the redeveloped Mission Reach Trail with River Relay 2017, a 5K run/walk or kayak racing event focused on exploring the recreation and wellness opportunities your restored San Antonio River has to offer. PROCEEDS BENEFIT THE SAN ANTONIO RIVER FOUNDATION!
MORE ABOUT THE RACE Presented by Alamo Beer Company and Valero Energy Foundation, the race is a team or solo event that involves kayaking 4k down the beautiful San Antonio River or running/walking a 5k on the redeveloped Mission Reach Trail to the finish line at Mission County Park 2 (near Padre Park). There are three ways to participate in the race:
1) An individual can choose to kayak the 4k water course only ($50, optional kayak included)
2) An individual can choose to run the 5k land course only ($35 earlybird pricing)
3) A team of two can choose to split the 4k kayak and 5k run courses by doing one each. Teammates begin at the same time in two difference locations, there is no baton pass. In this manner, it is not a traditional relay but still a very fun race! ($80, option kayak included)
When racers cross the finish line, they will join family, friends, and the community in a celebration with music, family friendly vendors, food trucks, beer from our generous presenting sponsor Alamo Beer Company, and a presentation of prizes to the top racers in multiple categories. Look at the photos (courtesy of Alamo City Photography) and video (courtesy of Airborne-Aerial Photography) and get excited! To register, click the button above or visit https://secure.getmeregistered.com/RiverRelay2017.
If you are interested in sponsoring River Relay 2017, please call 210.224.2694 or email email@example.com or click HERE to review the River Relay 2017 Sponsorship package.
Thanks to our sponsors
- 5K land route map: http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/1603676914
- River Relay 2017 General Event Map.pdf
- Friday, November 3rd, Alamo Beer 5-8pm, 202 Lamar St
- Saturday, Nov 4th, iRun Bitters 11:00am-5:00pm
- Sunday, Nov 5th, iRun Bitters 12:00pm-4:00pm
- Thursday, Nov 9th , San Antonio River Foundation 10am-3pm, 100 E Guenther St
- 1st Place Run/Kayak Team
- 1st Place Run Solo- Men
- 1st Place Run Solo- Women
- 1st Place Kayak Solo- Men
- 1st Place Kayak Solo- Women
Things to Know
- All participants must be 18+ years of age.
- Registration includes kayak shuttle (when applicable) timing bib, t-shirt, breakfast and beer.
- A limited number of kayaks are available for free on a first-come first-served basis. Please call 210-224-2694 to reserve your kayak. Personal kayaks are permitted but require special measures for drop-off and pick-up of your watercraft.
- Water, coffee and snacks available at check-in.
- In the event River Relay is cancelled due to severe weather, please consider your registration fee a charitable gift to the San Antonio River Foundation. No refunds will be issued.
- We welcome family and friends to spectate and enjoy a vendor fair, food, and music.
- Your registration service fee allows the San Antonio River Foundation to use the full amount of your payment towards our fundraising goals. Thank you.
River Relay 2017 is meant to encourage fitness, wellness, and outdoor recreation within our community. We welcome non-profit organizations to have a presence for free, and encourage them to connect their mission with health, fitness, wellness and/or outdoor recreation.
Businesses who wish to have a space will need to sponsor this charitable event at the Stream Level ($1,000). Click HERE to see details on sponsorship opportunities.
All vendors will receive promotion on the River Relay 2017 website and via our social media outlets (12,000+ followers). For details on how to become a vendor, please call or email Krysteen Villarreal at 210-224-2694 or firstname.lastname@example.org.